How I optimized my LinkedIn Profile

In a previous post, I talked about utilizing the keyword metrics from LinkedIn to optimize my LinkedIn profile. I decided to monitor my top keyword as I continued making tweaks to my profile. In this post, I’ll update you on my progress in this interesting experiment.

After making updates to my profile, mostly minor tweaks including a new pic, I’ve noticed the keyword rina has significantly increased. This is probably due mostly to adjusting the Project entries to be written in third person, referencing my own name in the description, instead of using “I” or “me”. I did not do this to intentionally affect the LinkedIn Keyword stat, though it helped. I actually made that change because the project also shows on the profiles of those people you have attached to that project. I thought it best to speak highly of everyone equally. And so I did.

As of February 7, 2013:

1. rina 11%
2. hatcher 3%
3. area 203 seo 2%
4. rina a 2%
5. audience development 1%
6. wordpress 1%
7. brian mcminn 1%
8. area203 1%
9. jeremy 1%
10. jeremy dickson 1%
11. buckaroo 1%
12. nick richer 1%
13. rain henderson 1%
14. php developer html 1%
15. html 1%

As of February 28, 2013:

1. rina 26%
2. hatcher 4%
3. valerie butt 1%
4. area 203 seo 1%
5. wordpress 1%
6. area203 1%
7. rina a 1%
8. php 1%
9. buckaroo 1%
10. jeremy 1%
11. brian mcminn 1%
12. chris madia 1%
13. php developer html 1%
14. rain henderson 1%
15. jeremy dickson 1%

Update, as of March 13, 2013:

1. rina 31%
2. hatcher 4%
3. wordpress 1%
4. valerie butt 1%
5. area 203 seo 1%
6. area203 1%
7. jeremy butt 1%
8. rina a 1%
9. brian mcminn 1%
10. php 1%
11. buckaroo 1%
12. jeremy 1%
13. nick bartlett <1%
14. jeremy dickson <1%
15. ben moreland <1%

 

Advertisements